Monday, October 13, 2008

Oh What Fun!

What's more exciting than to wake up and see several inches of unexpected snow!? The kids were so excited they thought church would surely be canceled! Imagine the looks on their faces when they were told they would have to wait till after church to play in it! So first thing, we get home we start going through the garage bins to find our winter snow clothes.

The kids had a blast building their snowman, then they made a ramp to sled down the yard. Since our yard is slanted it works perfect!

I would call myself "Mom of the Day" by this point! After fun in the snow we made our "Spooky Halloween Cookies."

Hmm.. which cookie cutter to pick?

And the best part of all, the frosting! No wonder we have dental issues!

Princess Tayah proud of her work.

What a priceless bite! The frosting was on so thick it was dripping off the cookie!

What a fun filled day, the kids will sleep great tonight!

5 comments:

Walter Family said...

You guys got a lot of snow up there! It's so crazy to get it this time of year, but it looks like so much fun! And you just reminded we need to make Halloween cookies too! :)

Blackeyedsue said...

I think the kids were dying during church. My kids came home and did the exact same thing. They couldn't get gloves on fast enough!

We are doing spooky cookies this week. LOVE spooky cookies!

Candace said...

While we're all hating the snow leave it to the kids to celebrate it! Looks like they had lots of fun! I see you made it through the storm with out going into labor, that's always a plus.

Shonnie said...

Okay, I am finally getting to your blog and I feel like I have missed out on everything. You better be in labor right now while I am sending you this message and I better not see you at church. I guess you could take caster oil (not sure how it is spelled). Anyway those kids must love the snow. They are so much fun don't you just love them

Bilary said...

We are doing cookies this week too - during UEA. That'll be something fun to do with the kids while they are out of school.

I loved the pictures. You are a very patient mommy to do all of that with your kids when you are ready to POP!