Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Road Trip!

We made it! The road trip to Oregon was definetly a lot of work but we knew it would be that way. Just wasn't planning on being 9 months prego doing it. I just have to say that without technology the way it is now, it would have been impossible! So I'll just take this moment to thank the people that invented air conditioning, junk food, nintendo and the DVD player! I hate to admit it but we did end up purchasing 12 happy meals to keep the kids happy with new toys as well!

We stayed at a really nice beach house on the coast. The weather for the first few days was really foggy but it then cleared up and we could actually see the beach! The kids loved running in the water and building their sand castles. I for the most part had to play a beached whale! They got to ride the dune buggy, hike, and have a blast.

If I could do it over again, I wouldn't be 9 months along riding in the car for 17 hours! That was kind of rough, especially on the way home. We went through some gorge between Baker City and Boise that was really long and the elevation was absolutely killing me! I felt like I was in complete labor, the pain was soooo bad and I was just waiting for my water to break! I really didn't want to have the baby in the car. We finally made it out of the gorge and the contractions started to cease.

So I can breath a little better now that I'm home and close to a hospital where the luxury of drugs is readily available to me!

3 comments:

Blackeyedsue said...

Phew!


Oh, and THANK HEAVENS for McDonalds!!!

Shonnie said...

Yeah, is suck to be on a road trip when the kids aren't happy. I don't know how my Mother live through all 8 of us in the car

Dane and Natalie said...

Obviously since you looked at our blog we just did a massive road trip too! We did NY and Washington DC in one trip. Not recommended with 3 kids! You are brave to go to Oregon with all of them. My sister in law lived up there right by Maltnoma Falls so we have been there before too! It is so beautiful up there! I am so glad you found me. It is so fun to see your cute family! P.S. now that I have your blog address I might have to stalk your blog (it's a little problem I have).